Saturday, January 9, 2010

Sofia Daniella


I spent the better part of my afternoon watching over my godchild Iya. She's turning five years old this March, and she's growing up to be a very precocious little girl. She's at that age where her favorite word is "Why?" and I see much of myself in her. She showed off her writing and spelling skills by writing down her full name, Sofia Daniella. She spit out spicy spaghetti, proving that children will only eat sweet spaghetti, and preferred to munch on chicharon instead. She danced around our living room, smelling the flowers, peering at our lamp, messing up all the pillows on the couch.

I finally got to wind her down by sitting down with her and watching "The Little Mermaid" on Disney channel, and it was fun. It was a little tiring to go up and down our stairs with her though (our house isn't very child-friendly, with so many breakables and a slightly steep flight of stairs).

I love hanging out with children because when my brother and sister were born, I was just a child myself. Now, we're all grown up and our ages have caught up with each other. Hanging out with my nieces and nephews always makes me feel like a kid again, and yesterday afternoon I enjoyed making noises and nonsense babble with Iya, and seeing her laugh as I did so. It was a great way to spend a Saturday afternoon. ☺

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete