Monday, February 15, 2010

Beauty in Bantayan

While it was fun to relax with M and friends, one thing struck me about my recent trip to Bantayan: God created such a beautiful world.

We endured a three-hour trip by land and a one-hour ferry ride to Bantayan. Though cranky and hungry, I had to marvel at the beauty of the sea.

If only I could photograph all of the beautiful flowers in Maia's Beach Resort, our Bantayan home for three days.

We hopped on a banca (which I prayed wouldn't tip over) and swam to our hearts' content here at Virgin Beach. There are many more places that we could've seen, more islands we would've visited, but it was a good decision to just chill on this island. We enjoyed the sun, sand, and surf here and hardly shared the beach with anyone.

The beach was beautiful to photograph, but I found myself looking inland and seeing that the trees were hauntingly beautiful too.


And the best gift of all: though our resort did not have a beach front, it had the most wonderful view of the sunrise and sunset. By God's grace, I awoke at 5:45AM and witnessed how the sky slowly turned to light as the sun rose above the horizon. I've always loved sunsets, but my gosh, the sunrise is a pretty magnificent sight too.

I can't wait to see where He takes me next. :)

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful place! I'm gonna include that in my must-visit list. :D Nice pictures too! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Paula! Yes, you should try visiting Bantayan. If you want peace and quiet, even without a beach front, the resort we stayed in was perfect. But if you want a beach front, night life, lots of good food, try staying in the Santa Fe side of the island. :) I really hope you get to visit it some time. :)

    ReplyDelete