Sunday, December 28, 2008

New Year's Resolutions, part two

Some more thoughts on my New Year's Resolutions:

- I will try to maintain a realistic reading list this year. I've recently added two more to my reading list: Doctors by Erich Segal (a novel I read and loved back in high school but never bought my own copy, and I only remembered it when I bought my boss a copy for Christmas) and Ready for Anything: 52 Productivity Principles for Work and Life by David Allen (another book by the author of Getting Things Done. This time it's little, bite-sized principles that you can easily digest). By realistic, I mean I can easily see myself finishing the books on the list, and only when I've sort-of finished it (i.e. more than halfway down the list) will I begin to replenish my list. Really, I'll try (where "try" is the operative word). Reading is such an expensive addiction, especially when you're picky about versions (trade paperback or mass market paperback? Movie cover or non-movie cover? British or American cover? There's a difference, there really is!)

- Since I'm keeping a reading list, I will make it a point to set aside time to read a little everyday. Then, in between reading lists, I will...

- Watch more DVDs. I'm currently addicted to How I Met Your Mother, and there are so many shows that I know nothing about. Among them: Gossip Girl, Pushing Daisies, Heroes, Entourage... I never watched an episode. Not even one. So, I will expand my pop culture knowledge by joining the bandwagon and watch more DVDs...

- And more TV, and more movies. Here's to more movie dates! :)

- Try to travel more this year. If only cash came in unlimited supply.


Okay that's it for now. Until the new year! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment