Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Acoustic Memories

The radio dial was on 93.1, and it being a Wednesday, long-forgotten and much-missed tunes of the 90s blasted through the airwaves. And as I listened to an acoustic version of John Mayer's "No Such Thing", I was transported to another time and place-- college at the Ateneo.

Acoustic was a big hit in college, with John Mayer and Jason Mraz getting heavy rotation on our playlists. In the local front, we swooned when Paolo Santos crooned "Moonlight Over Paris" and people either loved or hated MYMP's covers. Those were the days when it was normal for my friends to be toting around their guitars, jamming a three-hour break away. It was a carefree time when I could just chime in and sing my heart out as they plucked and strummed on their guitars.

Those three minutes of my day were a throwback to simpler days. I miss. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment