Saturday, March 6, 2010

ningas cogon

If my memory serves me well, it's a Filipino term used to describe excitedly starting an activity then slowly losing steam until you end up scrapping the whole project. For example, resolving to start working out, dedicatedly hitting the gym, then slowly but surely losing steam until you lose the will to go to the gym at all.

It's what's happening with me now. It's the third month of the year, and I realize that there are so many things I resolved to do, I wanted to do, but haven't gotten around to doing. Like:
- Making it home in time for dinner at certain times of the week.
- Soaking my feet regularly (yes, vanity alert)
- Hitting the gym (the 3K membership fee is still in my desk drawer)
- Inching through my DVD collection bit by bit
- Taking more pictures
- Blogging!

The only thing I've been able to do consistently --and it's borne out of sheer necessity-- is making it to work before 9:00AM everyday. That's it. Other than that, I haven't had much willpower to tackle anything else. And I don't know why.

It's getting frustrating, really, to realize that three months into the new year and already I'm back to just going through the motions of living out each day. And I don't quite know how to get out of this funk.

:(

1 comment:

  1. I soooo feel you, Ingrid! Sometimes I feel Facebook is partly to blame. Haha.

    ReplyDelete