Thursday, February 5, 2009

Writer's Block

It was bound to happen.

On Monday, I was able to write one cheat sheet and two press releases.

Tuesday, it was one cheat sheet and two press releases.

Wednesday, it was two press releases-- one, I had to rewrite completely, the other I had to revise. So that's kinda like 3 1/2, if you think about it.

Today, Thursday, I'm supposed to write three press releases, and so far...

...

*crickets chirping*

My mind is a complete blank. I can't think. I can't function. I just want to sit, stare at nothing, not think of anything. I don't want to do anything.

I don't know if I was thrown off by the missing bodega key (which is still currently missing), or just started the morning with bad vibes from the rant of a usually-cheerful officemate (it was actually a shocker to hear her in a bad mood), or I didn't have a restful sleep.

I don't know what it is. All I know is I just want to sleep. Or lie down. Or sit down. Anything, as long as the common denominator is not doing and thinking of anything.

Our intern is here today, and I can't even bring myself to think of what she should be doing. It's that bad. I mean, I know what she should be doing, I have her tasks in my head, but I can't bring myself to tell her to get started because it would mean that I'd have to start working too. And I can't function yet.

Ugh, I hate this. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment