Monday, February 21, 2011

101 Things in 1,001 Days (update)

2011 has started, and I decided to revisit this list. Items marked in RED have been completed, while those in BLUE are still in progress. :)


START DATE: 01 January 2010
END DATE: 28 September 2012

READING AND WRITING
1. Write one journal entry every day for two weeks. (0/14)
2. Write one blog entry per week for one month. (0/4)
3. Finish my reading list. (14/33)
4. Write a short story.
5. Write a poem.
6. Read "Pride and Prejudice" then watch the movie again.
7. Read five books I already own on TIME's All-Time Top 100 Books list
- Animal Farm
- Catcher in the Rye
- The French Lieutenant's Woman
- The Heart is a Lonely Hunter
- To Kill a Mockingbird
8. Read three books from my Gabriel Garcia Marquez collection. (0/3)
9. No buying books until I've completed my reading list.
10. Come up with five books I would recommend to anyone. (2/5) --"The Time-Traveller's Wife" by Audrey Niffenegger and "The Pact" by Jodi Picoult.

MOVIES
11. Finish watching my VCD and DVD movie collection.
12. Watch the whole series of "30 Rock".
13. Watch "Terms of Endearment", Academy Award winner for Best Picture on the year I was born.
14. Watch five Academy Award winners for Best Picture:
- Casablanca
- Gone With the Wind
- Kramer vs. Kramer
- Amadeus
- Rain Man

PHOTOGRAPHY
15. Own and maximize the features of an SLR camera
16. Learn something new from the Digital Photography School once a week for six months. (0/24)
17. Have photos from travels printed and organized in an album per trip.
18. Join Project 365.
19. Take more pictures of family and friends.


ARTS
20. Re-learn how to play "Tarantella" on the piano.
21. Learn a popular song on the piano.
22. Be able to play three pieces from memory. (0/3)
23. Learn more Photoshop tricks.


TRAVEL
24. Visit three new places in the Philippines. (2/3) --Bantayan Island in Cebu, Bohol
25. Go on at least one trip abroad. --We have an Australia trip lined up for next year. :)
26. Go on a beach trip.
27. Explore a city I've never been to.

FOOD AND HEALTH
28. Eat in a new restaurant once a month.
29. Eat vegetables once a week for a month. (0/4)
30. Sleep before midnight every night for a week. (0/7)
31. Enroll in a gym and work out for a minimum of three months.
32. Try eating kare-kare.
33. Learn to make five different fruit shakes. (0/5)
34. Finish my jug of water everyday.
35. Have some cotton candy on a random day.
36. Learn how to swim.
37. Cut down on sweets

FASHION AND BEAUTY
38. Buy ten dresses. (10/10) --I've kinda lost count already, but I can safely say that I bought a lot of dresses last year and it must already by ten by now.
39. Update my wardrobe. --I have a lot of new polos now.
40. Grow my hair to ponytail length before getting a drastic cut.
41. Wear my hair differently once a month.
42. Learn how to put on eye makeup.

ORGANIZATION
43. Clean up my office email.
44. Clean up my personal email.
45. Do a general cleanup of my room quarterly.
46. Do a general cleanup of my office space monthly.


INTERNET
47. Get all dishes on Restaurant City up to Level 10.
48. Use the computer for only two hours a day during the weekend, twice a month for a year. (0/24)
49. Go for an entire day without Facebook once a month for six months. (0/6)
50. Submit a secret to Post Secret.
51. Greet all my Facebook friends a happy birthday-- even the ones I don't know.

WORK-RELATED
52. Get to work by 9:00 A.M. everyday for one week.
53. Update my resume.
54. Get promoted. --Still gearing up for a second promotion and corresponding raise though.
55. Get a raise.

FINANCES
56. Get my bank account to 100K by the end of this list.
57. Save all spare change for 1,001 days.
58. Make a budget and stick to it.
59. After computing for my expenses budget, withdraw everything and deposit into my savings account.

DRIVING
60. Be able to drive the big cars.
61. Take a different route to work once a week.
62. Take a different route home once a week.
63. Conquer my fear of driving in Makati by driving around on a Sunday for no reason.

FAMILY TIME
64. Get home in time for dinner twice a week for one month. (0/8)
65. Treat siblings out to lunch/dinner, just the three of us.
66. Have a sleepover with my cousins.
67. File a leave on my parents' birthdays. (1/2)
68. Go on five random weekday mall trips with my mom. (0/5)
69. Bring home pasalubong for my family on a random day. (0/3)
70. Have a Scrabble night with the family.

MELBERT
71. Go on an arcade date.
72. Watch DVDs together for an entire afternoon.
73. File a leave that coincides with his day-off and go on an unplanned, spontaneous date.
74. Go on a videoke date.
75. Go on a fancy dinner date.
76. Go on a trip together.

FRIENDS
77. Catch up with an old friend over dinner or coffee.
78. Make a personalized gift for friends this Christmas.
79. Have a videoke night with the girls. --not with the girls, but I've found a videoke group in my officemates.

RANDOM ACTS OF KINDNESS
80. Give 12 "saw this and thought of you" gifts to people who are not Melbert. (0/12)
81. Treat an officemate to lunch for no reason.
82. Buy fries and a drink at a drive-thru and give to a street kid on the way home. If not, to the neighborhood guard.
83. Leave a very generous tip at a restaurant.
84. Send a "just thought of you and hope you're well" text to ten people. (0/10)

ME-TIME
85. Take a birthday leave. (1/3)
86. Have a massage monthly for a year. (0/12)
87. Pray every morning and every night.
88. Write down something I'm thankful for everyday.
89. File a leave just to stay home three times. (0/3)
90. Go to Ateneo on a Sunday for some quiet time. (0/3)
91. Take an afternoon nap during weekends twice a month.

THE FUTURE
92. Decide if I want to take graduate studies or not.
93. Have a list of things I would like in my future wedding.
94. Have a list of random things about my future.

MISCELLANEOUS
95. Write an entry for each day in my Starbucks 2010 planner.
96. Watch a concert. 
97. Finish a coloring book.
98. Vote wisely in the 2010 national elections
99. Get braces removed.
100. Join the lotto.
101. Get a henna tattoo, just because I've never tried it.

No comments:

Post a Comment