Friday, December 24, 2010

A few hours to go and it's Christmas

I'm not used to thinking about things on Christmas Day (or in this case, a few hours before Christmas). Usually I get introspective as New Year draws near.

But for some reason, I got to thinking about how much has happened this year. How many new people have come into my life, only to leave again, this year. Time flies, indeed. And you never know what can happen in just a year.

Who would've thought that K would resign early this year, follow her Singaporean dream, and thrive there? While R had been preparing for D-Day, I never really thought that day would come this year and that I would find myself in a position to really build a team, have a vision for us, and think of all the things that a leader should do and should be. And G, well, let's just call it a year-end surprise.

In a seminar almost two weeks ago, the facilitator taught us about how to come up with a vision. One thing he pointed out was that a vision should not be rooted in current reality-- after all, when the US wanted to put a man on the moon, the technology to do so wasn't even available yet. All they knew was they wanted a man on the moon. So come up with a vision, and then think of what you can do or maybe create in order to achieve it.

And so my vision for myself is to be healthy next year. I'm tired of getting easily winded and getting sick so easily. At 28 (rounding up already since my birthday is just three months away), I'm not getting any younger and I feel that my body is telling me that. I'm really praying that I have enough motivation this time. I also had another vision, but that one isn't exactly in my hands. Haha!

Christmas and all the events leading to it is making me think of what I want next year to be like, both for myself and for my team. Perhaps it is the time to look ahead, and as New Year draws near, I will find myself looking back instead at the year that was, and all the things I was thankful for this year.

Until then, I leave you with this song. It turns out that the lyrics are concise but meaningful. This is my Christmas message to you all. :)

ave yourself a merry little Christmas,
Let your heart be light
From now on,
Our troubles will be out of sight
Have yourself a merry little Christmas,
Make the Yuletide gay,
From now on,
Our troubles will be miles away.

Here we are as in olden days,
Happy golden days of yore.
Faithful friends who are dear to us
Gather near to us once more.

Through the years we all will be together
If the Fates allow
Hang a shining star upon the highest bough.
And have yourself a merry little Christmas now.


Merry Christmas, everyone! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment