Sunday, August 23, 2009

Back from Bangkok

I tried to write an entry to talk about my recently-concluded trip to Bangkok, but I wasn't happy with what I was writing. I hit the delete button, but here I am again, attempting to talk about it. 

Even now, I keep typing one word and hitting backspace, unsure of where to even begin. Do I start by talking about how we started planning this trip in January, and all of a sudden, I've gone on the trip and come home? Do I tell you all about the plans we made and which ones didn't materialize (like the trip to the library and dinner at Baiyoke Sky Deck)? Do I share the realization that Ayutthaya is not a park but an entire province, and how we kissed our dreams of biking around the area goodbye (and besides, by "rent a bike" they meant a motorbike, not a bicycle)? Do I talk about realizing that I'm not a hardcore shopper after all? 

Maybe, where words will not suffice, pictures will.


Wat Pho: Reclining Buddha

Four Pagodas


Dinner at Cabbages and Condoms, a restaurant owned by a government official popularly known as "Mr. Condom" because of his campaigns on safe sex and HIV-AIDS awareness.


One of the many, beautiful ruins in Ayutthaya, the ancient capital of Thailand


More pictures on my Facebook account (for friends only, sorry). This may be my only trip for 2009, but it was definitely a blast!

Where will the Universe take me next? I can't wait to find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment