Thursday, April 9, 2009

taking a minute on a Holy Thursday

Strangely, the shower is where I get all my best ideas and epiphanies.

Today, I realized that I love anything that tells a story. I love to read (hence the 17-book reading list), I love to watch movies (there is a DVDs-to-watch list that must be written down in the next few days), and I love hearing stories about other people's lives (yes, I'm a sucker for gossip).

But more than that, I realized that I also love to tell stories (about other people, myself, or random things I hear about) and I love to invent stories (anyone who knows me well knows that I like starting sentences with "What if". Oh, and have I ever told you where the pizza place called "Shakeys" got its name? *wink*).

Maybe that's the same reason why I enjoy working in this industry. Being a publicist is sort of like trying to come up with a story: what story can this magazine tell through a press release, a television segment, or a radio talk show? I cannot imagine applying the same metaphor to a corporate environment, so maybe that's why I can't imagine being anywhere else but here.

And life, to me, is one big story. People come and go, chapters begin and end. Friendships sometimes end with one chapter, only to be rekindled again many chapters later. There can only be more unforeseen twists in the plot, more characters introduced, but ultimately, I have faith that this story called Life will have a happy ending.


Okay, talk about random! My minute is up, so ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment